Lucan School of Music General Terms and Conditions
The Lucan School of Music is a music school, teaching music performance and theory classes on an individual and group basis.
The school aims to provide a safe environment in which young people can develop performance ability and knowledge of music theory through the teaching and playing of music.
Rules of ATTENDANCE
- The Lucan School of Music does not does not accept certain types of behaviour, e.g. bullying, violence, sarcasm, name-calling, favouritism, abusive language or gestures, negative criticism of values, beliefs and opinions, and negative highlighting of physical, social cultural or emotional differences, and will intervene to ensure the fair and equitable treatment of all.
- Students should respect the premises, making an effort to leave the school clean and in good condition.
- Good behaviour and respect for teachers is essential. Respect for other students is also important, as disruptive behaviour can prevent others from learning.
- The Lucan School of Music reserves the right to refuse re-enrolment if a student is continually disruptive, causes damage to the school premises / equipment, or puts the safety of themselves or others at risk. Serious offenders could be at risk of losing their place at the school and / or term fees paid.
- In the case of players under 18 years old, parents or guardians shall be notified and consulted in an attempt to rectify the situation before any disciplinary action is taken. Subsequent to this if there is no improvement in behaviour; the School shall have the right to impose an appropriate penalty.
Paying Term fees
Fees are collected three times a year. The Lucan School of Music DOES NOT ACCEPT CASH / CHEQUE PAYMENTS AT THE SCHOOL due to serious SECURITY CONCERNS. The following options are available:
- Credit card through paypal (4% credit card booking fee applies)
- Bank transfer (transferring the total amount)
- Setting up monthly installments (online or filling in standing order form)
- Cheque / draft / postal order through the post
- Cash lodgement directly into Lucan School of Music’s bank account.
Students / parents will be notified by text / e-mail / posters at the school regarding the due date of payment. Payments must be made IN FULL or standing orders commenced by the specified date to reserve the student’s place with their teacher. If payments are not received within the specified time frame we cannot hold the student’s place and it will be offered to a student on the waiting list.
If a teacher misses a class the following options are available:
- The class will be re-scheduled pending the student’s availability,
- An extra week may be added to the current term
- The cost of the class will be deducted from the price of the following term.
This will depend on each individual teacher and the availability of the student as well as the school’s calendar. The Lucan School of Music will strive to ensure that no enrolled student pays for any lesson that they do not receive and if none of the above solutions apply a refund will be given.Should the school need to close for any unforeseen reason (e.g. adverse weather conditions) the school may open during holidays at their discretion to provide these missed classes.
If a student misses a class they are NOT entitled to a refund for that class as the teacher’s time is booked for that lesson for the whole term. On occasion it may be possible to re-schedule the lesson at the teacher’s discretion based on their availability; this will depend on the circumstance and the amount of notice given.
The Lucan School of Music reserves the right to provide a substitute teacher when necessary. Notice of this will be given where possible.
Term fees are non refundable except in special circumstances which should be discussed with the office IN ADVANCE.
Parents / guardians should be aware of school policies and procedures especially the school’s Child Protection policy
Students / parents / guardians will be asked once a year to submit up to date contact / special needs / medical information that is relevant to our care of student.
Parents and students are welcome to discuss progress or provide feedback to teachers and / or the school office. Any issues / concerns that arise must be communicated to the office of the Lucan School of Music at once in order to give us a chance to resolve the situation. This must be done at the time of the incident / event in question and not at the end of the term, especially if a refund is requested. Refunds will only be issued in extreme circumstances after every effort has been made to resolve the situation and a suitable alternative has not been found.
We ask that parents and students show respect for other students in class
- Parents should talk to teachers at the beginning of their class if they have queries, rather than at the start of the next student’s class.
- Office queries should be directed to 01 6217852 or email@example.com as the director of the school has a full roster of students and cannot take office queries during this time.