Lucan School of Music COVID-19 Terms and Conditions
Coláiste Phádraig will allow the Lucan School of Music to continue to use the school premises under the following conditions:
- Only the student attending the class will be permitted to enter the school building.
- There will be no waiting area, so students must arrive at the time of their class and not before.
- If there is another lockdown or should there be a case of COVID-19 in Coláiste Phádraig / Lucan School of Music, we will not be permitted access to the premises. In this scenario, we will return to online learning.
- We are restricted to the use of one toilet facility to ensure that this can be appropriately disinfected after use.
Lucan School of Music will ensure the following for Individual / Learn with a Friend lessons:
- Social distancing will be observed by teachers and administrators
- Hand sanitiser will be available in each classroom and students will be asked to use it when they enter, and when they leave.
- Instruments / Equipment will be disinfected after each student.
- Online learning will be available to students who are vulnerable or have a vulnerable family member and do not wish to attend on site.
- Parents who wish to observe a lesson (as a practice aid or any other reason) will be given the opportunity to do so virtually, as they cannot enter the premises.
Contingency Plan for COVID-19 Closure
- Students signing up for this term should be aware that in the event of an extended COVID-19 closure, we have 2 contingency weeks in 2021 earmarked for postponing classes in the event of a closure. The calendar will be adjusted where possible but in the case of an extended closure, online classes will be given as an alternative to lessons on our premises for all students.
- Should it prove necessary to switch to online learning in Term 1, a financial rebate of 10% for those online classes will be issued to reflect that this is not our ideal service. This will be given to students in the form of a deduction from Term 2 fees in January based on the duration of closure and how many ‘face to face’ classes were replaced with online classes in Term 1.
- Students may not opt out of online classes during term time, and online classes will be treated the same as appointments on our premises. Any exemption from participating in online classes must be agreed in advance of the start of term. If you wish to be exempt for reasons of age / access / technical reason, please contact us as soon as possible. It is necessary to do this to set out our yearly budget accurately and secure the livelihood of teachers and staff in all circumstances. In the case of an exemption, balances from any online classes will be given in the form of a deduction from Term 2 fees in January.
We ask that:
- Students follow the safety measures put in place while in the school premises.
- No student attends if they are symptomatic or unwell. This is for everyone’s protection, and an online alternative may be offered if applicable.
Should we need to add to or amend the above, this will be communicated to students with as much notice as possible.