Lucan School of Music COVID-19 Terms and Conditions
For September 2020 we have the following Terms and Conditions for attendance for Health and Safety due to COVID-19
Coláiste Phádraig will allow the Lucan School of Music to continue to use the school premises under the following conditions:
- Only the student attending the class will be permitted to enter the school building.
- There will be no waiting area, so students must arrive at the time of their class and not before.
- If there is another lockdown or should there be a case of COVID-19 in Coláiste Phádraig / Lucan School of Music, we will not be permitted access to the premises. In this scenario, we will return to online learning.
- We are restricted to the use of one toilet facility to ensure that this can be appropriately disinfected after use.
Lucan School of Music will ensure the following for Individual / Learn with a Friend lessons:
- Social distancing will be observed by teachers and administrators
- Hand sanitiser will be available in each classroom and students will be asked to use it when they enter, and when they leave.
- Instruments / Equipment will be disinfected after each student.
- Online learning will be available to students who are vulnerable or have a vulnerable family member and do not wish to attend on site.
- Parents who wish to observe a lesson (as a practice aid or any other reason) will be given the opportunity to do so virtually, as they cannot enter the premises.
We ask that:
- Students follow the safety measures put in place while in the school premises.
- No student attends if they are symptomatic or unwell. This is for everyone’s protection, and an online alternative may be offered if applicable.
- Students prepare for the possibility that online learning may be necessary this term for health and safety reasons. In the event of another COVID-19 closure we will make every effort to offer alternative dates for teaching in person. In the case where it is not possible all students will be notified with as much notice as possible. Appointments as per the school calendar and timetable will run as normal. In order to protect the teacher’s income and avoid an unsustainable amount of administration, students that do not attend their online appointments online will forfeit their lessons. Special dispensation will only be given on the advice of the teacher regarding the suitability of the student / class (e.g. age / technical details).
Should we need to add to or amend the above, this will be communicated to students with as much notice as possible.